Friday, June 6, 2008

In an age before Playstations and Wiis


The group's topic for this week is Childhood Entertainment. Which in my case could mean bike riding, making model houses, painting, and generally getting under Mom's feet. But I'd rather sit and watch TV when there was anything worth watching. (When I was younger, a lot of the time, the TV was just showing the "test card" aka trade test transmission).

I never realized until years afterward, how big a part music played in my childhood, and how important it was to me.
The music that I loved included:

I think that last one is particuarly appropriate to end my Friday Five for this week. In the original show it was accompanied by a view of the Earth, dwindling in the distance.
Don't worry. I will be back.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Yes music from those old shows was hypnotic. Even now if my hubby is dozing in front of the TV his eyes will pop open soon as "The Antique Road Show" music comes on. We used to race in to watch Doctor Who at the time we still had B/W TV. Great stuff.